Other ASGM Resources
- Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Estelle Levin Ltd.
- Fairtrade Foundation Gold Program
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Natural Resources Deffense Council (NRDC)
- Partnership Africa Canada (PAC)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- U.S. Department of State (USDoS)
An updated Technical Global Background Report for the Global Mercury Assessment 2013 has been published by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP). Dr. Kevin Telmer of the Artisanal Gold Council is a lead author and contributor. A key point within this report is the identification of artisanal and small-scale gold mining as the single largest source of anthropogenic mercury emissions to the environment.
The advanced text of the UNEP Minamata Convention is now available. Article 7 of this mercury treaty specifically outlines the use of mercury within artisanal and small-scale gold mining, and may have a large impact on gold miners and nations who host them around the globe.